Read 5257614 times
Connect me to:
Eggs in Pumpkin, Dai Style
|Eggs in Pumpkin, Dai Style|
1 small pumpkin (or a coconut shell, if preferred)
8 eggs, beaten well, chalaza or thick part discarded
1 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups coconut milk
1. Cut off one-quarter inch of the top of the pumpkin and remove the seeds and stringy part.
2. Beat eggs with the sugar, then add te coconut milk and pour this liquid into the pumpkin.
3. Put the pumpkin in a bowl and into a steamer with two inches of water in the bottom part. Cover and steam over rapidly boiling water. Check it every ten minutes to see if more water is needed. Test the center by putting a toothpick into the egg part and see if it comes out clean. If not steam for another ten minutes.
4. Remove bowl with the pumpkin and cool for one hour, then refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
5. Serve whole and cut into wedges at the table, and serve as part of a main meal.