Read 5257446 times
Connect me to:
Meat in Egg Wrapper
|Meat in Egg Wrapper|
10 ounces peeled shrimp, veins removed and discarded, then finely minced or ground pork
2 Tablespoons chicken fat, frozen, then minced
4 eggs, three whole, one separated
1/2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
some ten-inch squares of freezer paper
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 seaweed sheet pieces, each cut in half
1 piece of endive or curly lettuce, cut in half
1. Beat two eggs and two yolks together.
2. Heat fry pan, brush with some oil, then pour some of the beaten eggs and thinly coat the pan, pouring out any extra. Once this thin egg pancake is set, gently ease it onto a piece of freezer paper, glossy side up. Repeat, putting each pancake on its own piece of freezer paper. Repeat until all egg mixture is made into six or more pancakes.
2. Mix minced shrimp or the meat, chicken fat, one egg white, rice wine, and the bouillon powder.
3. Spread each egg pancake with some of the shrimp mixture, top with a sheet of seaweed, and add another layer of the shrimp on top of it. Roll both sides to the middle, and put them near each other but not touching on a heat-proof plate.
4. Cover with plastic wrap or a microwave cover, and on medium high, microwave for six minutes. Put half lettuce leaf on each end of the plate. Then cut rolls of egg into half-inch slices and put them on a small plate and serve.