Read 5249402 times
Connect me to:
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
1 Chinese sausage, minced
4 Tablespoons dried shrimp, soaked for one hour in warm water, then drained, and minced
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds peeled Chinese yams, diced in quarter-inch cubes, then steamed for ten minutes over boiling water
1 cup water chestnut flour
1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame oil, divided into two parts
1 teaspoon mixed ground white and black pepper
2 Tablespoons black bean chili sauce
2 scallions, minced, and divided into two parts
1. Mix sausage and shrimp.
2. Heat oil in a wok or a fry-pan and stir-fry the above mixture for three minutes, then drain and set aside.
3. Mash steamed yam cubes then mix this with both flours, salt, soy sauce, half the sesame oil, both ground peppers, black bean chili sauce, and half the minced scallions. Stir-fry this mixture in the same wok or fry pan for two minutes.
4. Oil a heat-proof casserole, brush with the other half of the sesame oil, and add the yam mixture, and top with the other half of the scallion, pressing them lightly into it.
5. Steam for fifteen minutes over boiling water, remove from the steamer and cool covered and in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Cut into wedges or triangle, and serve at room temperature.