Read 5259338 times
Connect me to:
Crispy Noodles with Spicy Pork I
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Crispy Noodles with Spicy Pork I|
4 ounces dried bean thread noodles
14 ounces peanut or vegetable oil plus one additional tablespoon oil
8 ounces minced pork
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons Shaoxing rice wine
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 Tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
2 Tablespoons peeled then finely minced garlic
4 Tablespoons finely minced scallions
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon chili bean sauce1 teaspoon roasted Sichuan peppercorns
1 few chopped scallions for garnish
1. Separate and break the noodles in a paper bag; that keeps them from flying all over the place.
2. Heat a wok until hot then add the large amount of oil but not the extra tablespoon. When it is hot, deep fry the bean threads in several batches. Remove them quickly with a slotted spoon putting them on paper towels. They will puff up and triple in size.
3. Strain the oil and store it for another use, then wipe the wok clean.
4. Mix pork, soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil in one small bowl; the dark and thin soy sauces, chili bean sauce, and the roasted Sichuan peppercorns in another.
5. Reheat the wok and add the tablespoon of oil that was set aside, and the ginger, garlic, and scallion mixture and stir-fry for twenty seconds before adding the pork mixture. Stir-fry for two minutes then add the chili bean sauce mixture in the other bowl. Bring this to a simmer, and stir as you raise the heat to high. Stir-fry it for five minutes.
6. Next, add the fried noodles, mix quickly, and ladle everything in the wok to a large serving bowl. Garnish with the scallions and serve immediately.