Read 5248850 times
Connect me to:
Chicken Almond Ding, David Fong
|Chicken Almond Ding, David Fong|
2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound boneless chicken, diced
4 cups diced celery
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced pea pods
pinch ground white epper
1/4 cup cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
1/4 cup whole skinless roasted almonds
2 or more cups steamed white rice
1. In a wok or large skillet, theat the oil on medium high heat and add the garlic and salt and stir-fry for ten seconds.
2. Add the chicken and stir-fry ubtil slightly brown, then add the celery, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts and mix well before adding the wine and broth. Bring this to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer about five minutes.
3. Add the pea pods, season with ground white pepper, and stir to blend.
4. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce is no longer cloudy, then transfer to a pre-heated serving bowl and garnish with the roasted almonds.
5. Serve with hot steamed white rice.