Read 5248904 times
Connect me to:
Chicken and Chestnuts, Anhui Style
|Chicken and Chestnuts, Anhui Style|
3 chicken thighs, skin discarded
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Chinese slab sugar, crushed
2 Tablespoons water chestnut flour
6 large Chinese black mushrooms, soaked in one cup warm water for half an hour
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed with side of a cleaver
3 Tablespoons oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon granulated chicken bouillon
2 Tablespoons cornstarch mixed with just one tablespoon cold water
3 Tablespoons goji berries
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
3 Tablespoons of fresh coriander leaves, very coarsely chopped
1. Chop each chicken thigh into four pieces, then mix them with both soy sauces, the crushed sugar, and the water chestnut flour and let rest for half an hour.
2. Squeeze the water out of the mushrooms and set them aside after discarding the mushroom stems and quartering the mushroom caps.
3. Heat the oil in a claypot and fry the garlic until lightly browned, about one minute, then add the drained chicken pieces and stir-fry them for two minutes before adding the oyster sauce, chicken bouillon, reserved marinade, the mushroom water, mushrooms, the goji berries and the chestnuts and stir, then simmer covered for twenty minutes.
4. Remove the cover and add the cornstarch mixture and the sesame oil, and stir until it comes to the boil and is thickened.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves, and serve.