Read 5240920 times
Connect me to:
Shrimp in Nest, Zhejiang Style
Fish and Seafood
|Shrimp in Nest, Zhejiang Style|
1 pound shrimp
1/2 pound potatoes
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon hair seaweed
3 stalks Chinese celery with leaves, each cut into four pieces
1/4 cup green soybeans or lima beans
1 large black mushroom soaked for half hour, water squeezed out, the stem discarded, and the cap slivered
1. Peel the shrimp and the potatoes, remove veins from the shrimp and set them aside. Cut the potato into thin slices. Then toss each of these with half of the cornstarch, keeping them in separate small bowls.
2. Heat the oil and fry each of these separately, the shrimp for one minute, the potatoes for five minutes. Drain each of them on paper towels.
3. Oil blanch the hair seaweed for one minute and drain it on paper towels, as well.
4. Arrange the celery pieces, leaves to the outside, put the hair seaweed in the center, the potatoes around it.
5. Reheat the shrimp in the oil for one minute and drain them and spread them about. Do the same for the soy or lima beans and the mushroom pieces but for two minutes and spread them about after draining them on paper towels. Then serve warm or at room temperature.