Read 5256835 times
Connect me to:
Coriander and Brown Sugar Cakes
Fruits, Desserts, and Other Sweet Foods
|Coriander and Brown Sugar Cakes|
1/4 pound coriander leaves, their stems discarded or set aside for another use
1 cup crushed Chinese brown sugar pieces
1 cup cake flour
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons sesame oil, separated
1/2 cup lotus seed paste
1 or more cupcake molds
1. Bring two cups of cups cold water to the boil and add the coriander leaves. Reduce the heat and simmer them for half an hour.
2. Next, add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved and then remove the pot from the heat source.
3. Stir in the flour, cornstarch, and half the oil and stir this well before, covering and letting this rest for fifteen minutes.
4. Kneading this dough until soft, then divide the dough into twenty pieces. Put half of them in the center of each cupcake or another circular mold patting them onto the bottom and sides of each mold. Next divide the lotus seed paste in ten parts, rolling each one into a small ball slightly flattened.,and then put on top of the dough.
5. Flatten the other ten pieces of dough and cover the lotus seed paste pressing the edges together to seal them. Then knock them out of the cupcake molds.
6. Grease a plate with half of the remaining sesame oil and put the prepared cakes on the greased plate, separating them from the others by half-inch. Put this plate in a steamer basket and steam over boiling water for five minutes. Before removing them, brush the tops with the remaining oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.