Read 5236889 times
Connect me to:
Fish and Seafood
1/2 pound peeled sweet potatoes, grated
1/4 pound shrimp, oysters, and/or clams, each cut into four pieces
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons very coarsely chopped fresh mint
2 Tablespoons very coarsely chopped Houttuynia cordata
1. In a small linen towel, squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the grated sweet potatoes.
2. Dry the shrimp, oysters, and or the clams in paper towels, and set them aside.
3. Mix the flours, sugar, turmeric, and salt and slowly stir then add the coconut cream making a thick batter.
4. Add the potatoes and sea foods and do not thin this thick batter unless it can not be stirred. If this is the case, add more coconut cream a tablespoon at a time.
5. Heat the oil and pour in heaping tablespoons of this batter to make the fritters; do not make too many at one time. Fry them on both sides, then drain them on paper towels. Repeat until all are made, putting them on a pre-heated serving plate. Sprinkle the herbs on them, and serve.