Read 5257493 times
Connect me to:
My Ma-Po Tofu with Chinese Omelette I
|My Ma-Po Tofu with Chinese Omelette I|
salt and ground white pepper, to taste
2 scallions, finely chopped
2 Tablespoons peanut oil
1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
1 or 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 to 1 Tablespoon chili bean paste
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon rice or cider vinegar
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
pinch granulated sugar
1 pound firm tofu, cut in half-inch cubes
1 fresh chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
1. Beat eggs and season with slat and pepper. Add one teaspoon of the scallions, and set this aside.
2. Heat a wok or fry pan, add a dash of the oil, then the garlic and stir for ten seconds before adding the chili paste and cook until aromatic, then add five tablespoons hot water and stir before adding the fish sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, and the pinch of sugar.
3. Add tofu cubes and stir until they are coated, then cover and braise for five minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat a non-stick fry pan, add a dash of oil and half the beaten egg mixture spreading it to the edges of the pan. When edges are crisp and egg almost cooked through, turn egg over and cook on its other side. Repeat with the rest of the egg.
5. Spoon tofu over each omelette, sprinkle with scallion and chili pieces, and roll, then eat or cut into rings and serve and eat.