Read 5259418 times
Connect me to:
Spinach Noodles with Dang Shen
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Spinach Noodles with Dang Shen|
3 thick strips dang shen, soaked and coarsely minced
3 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/4 pound ground beef mixed with two Tablespoons thin soy sauce and two Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 pound spinach noodles, cooked, drained, then mixed with one Tablespoon vegetable oil
3 eggs, scrambled with one Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon Chinese toasted sesame oil
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
2 large garlic, peeled and minced
1 scallion, minced
1. Soak the dang shen in one cup warm water. When soft, mince coarsely and set aside.
2. Prepare the tomatoes, beef, spinach noodles, and eggs, each set aside separately.
3. Heat sesame oil in a wok or large fry pan, and stir-fry the dang shen, ginger and garlic for one minute until they start to brown, but not burn. Then add the beef and cook until no longer pink, and put them around the edges of a preheated deep platter or large serving bowl.
4. In the same wok or fry pan, stir-fry the spinach noodles until heated through, and put them in the center of that bowl of meat.
5. Re scramble the eggs just until they are warm, add the tomatoes, and when hot put these on top of the noodles, and serve.