Read 5236644 times
Connect me to:
Harbin Di San Xian Vegetable Melange
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Harbin Di San Xian Vegetable Melange|
2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into one- and one half-inch cubes
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggplants, diced in two-inch cubes
1 large green pepper, seeded and cut into one-incg cubes
3 large peeled cloves garlic, coarsely minced
4 scallions, white part only, coarsely chopped
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with twice that of cold water
1. Mix potato chunks and the oil and heat and fry stirring until potaot pieces are light brown, then remove them from the oil and drain them on paper towels.
2. Add eggplant to the oil and fry them until light brown, drain and remove them to other paper towels.
3. Add green pepper pieces, garlic, and scallion pieces and drain them similarly.
4. Pour out the oil and reserve for another use, then add the stock and bouillon powder, both soy sauces, and the sugar and mix well.
5. Return all the vegetables to the wok, add the Sichuan peppercorns and stir for one minute, then add and thicken this sauce with the cornstarch mixture stirring until it clears and is reduced by half, then serve.