Read 5259398 times
Connect me to:
Shanghai Thick Noodles
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Shanghai Thick Noodles|
1/8 pound pork belly, cut into coarse cubes
1/4 pound pork, cut into thin strips
1 carrot, cut into thin slivers
2 baby bok cai, leaves separated, each stem part cut in half the long way
1/2 pound thick fresh Shanghai noodles
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon Shao Xing rice wine
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1. In a wok or large fry pan, fry the pork belly cubes until almost crisp, then remove them to a paper towel. In the same wok or fry pan, add the strips of pork and fry them until no longer pink, then drain and set aside with the belly pork pieces.
3. Stir-fry the carrot and the bok cai for one minute, drain, and add to the pork mixture.
4. Stir-fry the noodles for one minute, then add eight cups of boiling water and cook until tender; then drain and discard the water.
5. Add the pork mixture, sesame oil, and both soy sauces.
6. Mix the rice wine, cornstarch, and sugar, and stir into the noodles mixing these together until they are well-separated. Then serve.