Read 5259351 times
Connect me to:
Nomad Spiced Lamb
|Nomad Spiced Lamb|
1 leg of lamb, about five pounds, boned and cut as one large piece that can be stuffed, rolled, and tied
6 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 Tablespoons soft brown sugar
1/2 pound lamb liver, cut into thin slices, all veins removed
1/2 pound lamb kidney, chopped
2 onions, chopped into quarter-inch pieces
2 pounds peeled potatoes, chopped into half-inch pieces
6 slices fresh ginger, minced
4 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1/4 teaspoon mixed ground white and black pepper
1/2 cup chopped parsley or minced coriander
2 large pieces of regular aluminum foil
1. Pound the lamb into a single slice ready to be rolled.
2. Mix soy sauce and brown sugar and rub it on either side of the meat. Allow this to rest for fifteen or twenty minutes, then lay slices of liver on top of that so that it will be the inside of the meat.
3. Mix chopped kidney, onions, potatoes, fresh ginger, rice wine, both ground peppers, and half the parsley or coriander, and spread this moist mixture on top of the lamb slices, and roll gently into one single roll.
4. Wet the outside and press the rest of the greens around it and sit this roll on a sheet of aluminum foil and roll it up and close the edges. Put this on a second sheet of aluminum foil making sure the beginning edge is not in the same place as was the first piece of foil.
5. Put this roll onto a pre-heated 450 degree oven for half an hour, turn it down to a 425 degrees turning the roll onto the top side.
6. Turn it once more and bake for another half an hour. Then transfer it to a serving platter, remove and discard the foil, slice the meat on that platter, and serve it.