Read 5262056 times
Connect me to:
New Year Dumplings II
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|New Year Dumplings II|
1/4 small head Chinese cabbage, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup minced pork
2 scallions, chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 and 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 and 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/4 Tablespoon rice wine
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
20 round dumpling skins
dipping sauce below
1. Place cabbage mixed with the salt in a colander and let rest for half an hour, then squeeze out any water.
2. In a large bowl, mix cabbage with pork, scallions, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, and ginger.
3. Dust baking sheet with cornstarch, place a teaspoon of the meat mixture in the middle of it. Wet the edges of the dough, fold it in half, then pinch edges between the thumb and forefinger, and replace this on the baking sheet. Repeat until all dumplings are made.
4. Bring four cups water to the boil, then boil all the dumplings for five minutes.
5. Serve with dipping sauce made with one-quarter cup thin soy sauce and one and a half tablespoons water.