Read 5259293 times
Connect me to:
Water Crystal Steamed Shrimp Dumplings
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Water Crystal Steamed Shrimp Dumplings|
3 cups wheat starch
2 Tablespoons lard
2 cups boiling water
2 cups tapioca starch
1 pound shrimp, half minced fine, the other half diced
3 ounces water chestnuts, minced
3 ounces pork fat, optional but recommended
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon MSG, optional
1 egg white
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1. Mix wheat starch and lard. The add the boiling water and mix with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a ball. Gradually add the tapioca starch and mix until combined. Allow the dough to rest for one minute then put it on a board and knead for two minutes.
2. Mix both portions of shrimp and all of the remaining ingredients until sticky.
3. Divide the dough into four portions. Cover three of them and form balls about one inch in diameter of the other one. Flatten each and roll out to about four inches in diameter.
4. Put a heaping teaspoon of the filling in the center and pleat fold the dough around half of it and seal that to the remaining half of the dough. Using each of the remaining portions of dough, continue until all dumplings are made.
5. Put lettuce leaves on bamboo steamer racks. Then put the dumplings of the lettuce, but do not allow them to touch each other. Steam them for six minutes over rapidly boiling water. Serve with light soy or another dipping sauce.