Read 5259419 times
Connect me to:
Mongolian Pancakes Stuffed with Meat
|Mongolian Pancakes Stuffed with Meat|
6 or more cups all purpose flour
4 pounds chopped or ground lamb
1 pound onions, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
6 Tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground anise seeds
1 Tablespoon rendered lamb fat
1. Mix the dough with water and make a thick dough. Roll it into eight-inch circles about one-quarter of an inch thick. Make the edges half that thickness.
2. Mix meat, onions, garlic, soy, sesame oil, and the three seasoning ingredients and set aside.
3. Put three tablespoons of the meat mixture in the center of each circle, fold in half and seal the edges with water. Press them together carefully leaving no apertures.
4. Press the half moon edges down to form a circle with the edges on the top.
5. Heat a large griddle or nine-inch fry pan. When hot add the rendered fat. And then fry each pancke about eight minutes on the first side, six on the top side until nicely brown and the meat is cooked thoroughly.
Makes four dozen pancakes.