Read 5259263 times
Connect me to:
Sesame Seed Buns
Rice, Noodles, and Other Grain Foods
|Sesame Seed Buns|
5 Tablespoons corn oil
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1. Mix oil and half cup of flour and cook this mixture in a hot wok or fry pan and stir constantly. Then brown and finally cool this mixture. While it cools, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the salt and the larger batch of flour with one and a half cups of boiling water with a chop stick. Knead as soon as you can handle this mixture until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest half an hour.
3. Roll the dough on a floured board into a twelve- by eighteen-inch rectangle; then spread the cooled brown flour mixture over the top of the dough. Next, cut the dough into four pieces and put one square on top of one other, their topping mixtures facing each other. Next, cut each of these squares into three-inch squares and roll each until doubled in size.
4. Roll each doubled-size piece into a long strip about an eighth of an inch thick.
5. Cut this smaller piece of dough in half and fold each one once more in half. Each piece should be a three by five inch rectangle before folding. Repeat until all the buns are made.
6. Dip the bottom half of each bun in sesame seeds and bake them all in the pre-heated oven for eighteen minutes or until brown and puffed like a roll. Cool; then cut each in half, parallel to the table, so that they can be used for the lamb sandwiches.
This recipe makes 24 rolls.