Read 5249921 times
Connect me to:
Fish and Seafood
1 whole cabbage, boiled for three minutes, the outside six to ten leaves carefully taken off and separated from its center, the center part shredded
2 to 4 slices of bacon, minced
1 cup crab meat, shell and cartilage removed, the crab mmeat coarsely minced, one tablespoon set aside
1 large or 2 small chicken breasts, finely minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash ground white pepper
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 egg white from a small egg
1 cup chicken stock or bouillon powder and hot water to make one cup of chicken stock
½ Tablespoon granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons additional cornstarch
1. Boil the separated leaves for two minutes, then drain them reserving the boiled water, and put them in cool water, then drain again. In that same water, boil the shredded cabbage for three minutes, drain and cool.
2. Mix shredded cabbage, bacon, chicken breast, and crab with the sesame oil, salt, pepper,, cornstarch, and egg white and put a small amount of this mixture between the cabbage leaves making them resemble the original head of cabbage. Then tie it with string so that it holds together.
3. Steam over boiling water for thirty-five minutes, then carefully remove from the steamer to a shallow bowl and remove and discard the string.
4. Bring stock and sugar to the boil and reduce it by half, add the additional cornstarch boil until it thickens.
5. Set aside the tablespoon of crab meat and pour the thickened liquid over the stuffed cabbage. When ready to serve at the table, cut it into wedges, then serve with a little sauce on each of piece, if desired.