Read 5249352 times
Connect me to:
Burdock and Carrots
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Burdock and Carrots|
1 burdock root, peeled or brushed to get rid of its skin
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 carrot, the same size as the burdock, peeled
1 to 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon rice wine
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
1. Cut the burdock into thin matchstick-size pieces two inches long, and soak it in the wine vinegar for fifteen or twenty minutes, then dry them with a cloth or paper towels.
2. Cut the carrot into pieces to match the burdock pieces.
3. Heat the sesame oil in a wok or a fry pan and stir fry the burdock for two minutes, add the carrot pieces and stir-fry them together for three minutes longer.
4. Add the sugar, rice wine, and the soy sauce and tree tablespoons cold water, reduce the heat, and stir-fry until all the liquid evaporates.
5. Put the vegetables into a pre-heated serving bowl, toss with the sesame seeds, and serve.