Read 5260125 times
Connect me to:
Rabbit Stew, Dongbei Style
|Rabbit Stew, Dongbei Style|
1 fresh rabbit, cut into eight to ten pieces
2 Tablespoons cornstarch or potato starch
2 Tablespoon oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 walnut-size knob of fresh ginger, cut into eighths
2 stalks celery, cut at an angle into one-inch pieces
1 large carrot. peeled and angle-cut into one-inch pieces
6-inch piece of daikon, peeled and angle cut into one-inch pieces
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 Tablespoons rice wine
1. Dust the rabbit with the flour and set aside for half an hour or until it wets.
2. Mix the three sauces, sugar, and the stock, and set this aside.
3. Heat a wok or a large fry pan, add the oil, and fry the rabbit for five minutes, turning often. Then add the ginger, celery, carrot, and all the vegetable pieces and stir-fry for two minutes, then add the daikon and stir-fry all for another minute.
4. Mix the sauces and toss with the rabbit. Now simmer for one hour.
5. Add the sesame oil and the wine, stir well, and serve.