Read 5260738 times
Connect me to:
Bird's Nest Dumplings in Soup
Soups and Congees
|Bird's Nest Dumplings in Soup|
2 ounces bird's nest pieces
1/2 pound lean pork
1/4 pound shrimp
3 dried shiitake mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon each of salt, sugar, and sesame oil
1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon corn oil
1 cup high gluten flour
1 egg white
6 cups chicken stock boiled to reduce it to four cups
1. In cold water, soak the nest pieces in the refrigerator overnight, then bring to the boil, simmer ten minutes, drain, and cool them. Next, using a tweezer, clean them of all debris. Repeat this process, if needed.
2. Mince pork coarsely with a cleaver, shell then remove veins of the shrimp and mince them.
3. Soak the mushrooms for half an hour in warm water, remove stems and discard, then chop them.
4. Mix pork, shrimp, mushrooms, salt, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, cornstarch, and oil.
5. Mix flour, egg, and egg white and knead until it is a soft dough, then let rest covered for half an hour.
6. Roll dough until it is very thin then cut it into six inch circles. Make eight of these circles and fill each with one-eight of the filling and press the edges to seal. Then steam them for twelve minutes.
7. After reducing the stock, keep it boiling. and put each dumpling into a soup bowl and pour boiling stock over it and serve one bowl to each of eight people.