Read 5244870 times
Connect me to:
Qiqiao Pastries for Lovers
Holiday and Celebration Foods
|Qiqiao Pastries for Lovers|
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon coarse salt
2 Tablespoons lard
2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
3/4 cup mixed nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
2 Tablespoons gingko nuts, toasted and chopped
2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
2 Tablespoons raisons, coarsely minced
2 Tablespoons haw fruit, pitted and minced
1 Tablespoon Chinese red dates, minced
2 teaspoons minced dried tangerine peel
3 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Remove two tablespoons of the flour and set it aside. Then mix rest of the flour with the sugar and the salt.
2. Mix lard and shortening using two knives, and cut them into crumb-like pieces. Next mix them with the remaining flour mixture and half cup of cold water making a dough.
3. Knead this dough and then roll it out to about five by twenty-four-inches.
4. Mix the reserved flour with the chopped nuts and fruit, and the tangerine peel and wine and put this down the center of the dough, the long way, then roll it pinching the sides and the ends, and cut it into two-inch pieces, crimping them on both open sides.
5. Brush half the oil onto a long baking sheet, and brush the rest of the oil over the tops of the pastries.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for half a hour, then transfer them to a cooling rack. Serve them or put them into tins or plastic boxes when cool, until needed.