Read 5249742 times
Connect me to:
Steamed Scallops with Black Bean Sauce
Fish and Seafood
|Steamed Scallops with Black Bean Sauce|
12 fresh scallops, loosened but left in their shells
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons salted black beans
2 Tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger
1 Tablespoon finely chopped scallions
1 Tablespoon finely chopped red chilies
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped Sichuan peppercorns
2 Tablespoons light or dark soy sauce
1 Tablespoon rice wine
2 Tablespoons stock
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Scrub the scallops under cold running water. Discard the flat empty half of each shell.
2. Soak the black beans in warm water for five minutes, then drain and mash.
3. Place the scallops in their shells on two separate heat-proof dishes. Place these on the racks of two layers of hot bamboo steamers and steam for eight or nine minutes.
4. While they steam, make sauce by heating the oil over low heat. Add the garlic, ginger, scallions, chilies, Sichuan peppers, and black beans and stir-fry about half a minute until fragrant.
5. Add the soy sauce, wine, stock and continue stirring another twenty seconds until the sauce starts to bubble.
6. Sprinkle on the sesame oil and simmer gently for another minute.
7. Serve with two teaspoons of sauce over each scallop.