Read 5244692 times
Connect me to:
Seven-layer Bean Curd Cake
Mixed Meats and/or Seafoods
|Seven-layer Bean Curd Cake|
2 Tablespoons minced bamboo shoots
2 Tablespoons minced pre-soaked Chinese black mushrooms
2 Tablespoons minced scallions
2 Tablespoons minced peeled carrots
6 shrimp, peeled, veins removed, and minced
1/4 cup ground pork
1/2 teaspoon mixed salt and sugar
1 Tablespoon mixed sesame oil and Chinese rice wine
1 pound firm bean curd cut in half the long way, then sliced parallel to the table into four even slices
½ cup cake or tang flour
10 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided in half
several pieces of lettuce or spinach
1. Gently mix minced bamboo shoots, black mushrooms, scallions, carrots, shrimp, pork, salt and pepper mixture, and the sesame oil and rice wine mixture, then stir in one direction only just until combined.
2. Divide the bean curd into two piles, four slices each, and divide the vegetable meat mixture in half.
3. Take one slice of the bean curd, and put one-third of the meat mixture on this slice of the bean curd. Cover with another piece of bean curd, and put another third of the meat-vegetable mixture on top, then add another layer of bean curd ending with the last slice of bean curd. You will have seven layers, four of bean curd and three of the meat mixture ending with one of bean curd making seven layers.
4. Heat half the oil and fry one seven-layer bean curd stack for five minutes, then carefully turn it over and fry the other side for four more minutes. Remove this to paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the oil and the other seven layer bean curd stack.
5. Put greens on a platter and then cut each stack into four triangles. Stand them on their sides, points up, on the lettuce, and serve.