Read 5257043 times
Connect me to:
Pumpkin and Leek Dumplings
Dim Sum and Other Snack Foods
|Pumpkin and Leek Dumplings|
1 batch egg dough (See: second paragraph of this review)
3½ ounces firm doufu, drained well, and cut in small cubes
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup steamed pumpkin
1 small leek, finely chopped
2 Chinese chives, white parts discarded, green parts chopped
1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 Chinese cabbage leaf, chopped
1 teaspoon ground Sichuan peppercorns
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons stir-fry sauce
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
2 Tablespoons flour
black vinegar for dipping
1. In a large freezer-safe bow, use your hand and mix the pork, eggs, soy sauce, water chestnuts, two teaspoons of the sesame oil, the sugar, cornstarch, wine, and the ginger.
2. Freeze this for half an hour until firm.
3. Now drain the rice and stir in the remaining soy sauce and the one-quarter teaspoon sesame oil.
4. Wet one's hands and roll one heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture into balls, and roll each one gently pressing them until the rice sticks. Then freeze them if they feel too soft.
5. Line a bamboo steamer with the cabbage leaves, put the pearl dumplings on not touching each other, and steam over boiling water for fifteen minutes. Then serve with the black vinegar as the dipping sauce.