Read 5261887 times
Connect me to:
Mushrooms and Pork Floss
|Mushrooms and Pork Floss|
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, unwrapped and defrosted in the refrigerator
2 shallots, peeled and minced
2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
5 Chinese mushrooms soaked until soft, stems discarded, their caps minced
3 oyster mushrooms, minced
1 egg beaten mixed with one tablespoon cool water
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1/3 cup pork floss
1. Open one sheet of puff pastry and cut it into six rectangles (each about two by four inches)
2. Stir-fry the minced shallots, garlic, and ginger for one minute thenthen add both minced mushrooms and the salt and pepper, and stir fry two minutes more. Put this mixture in a strainer over a bowl, and allow to cool.
3. Put a tablespoon of the mushroom mixture on each cut piece of the pastry, brush the edges with the beaten egg, fold in half and seal by crimping the edges with a fork.
4. Thinly brush the tops of each pastry with a little of the egg mixture and sprinkle some pork floss on its top.
5. Bake in a 350 degree F pre-heated oven for 15 minutes, brush a little more egg mixture on top of each one and sprinkle some more pork floss on it then bake another five minutes, and cool slightly. Repeat with the other sheet of the pastry, then serve.