Read 5264157 times
Connect me to:
Fish Head and Tofu Soup
Soups and Congees
|Fish Head and Tofu Soup|
1 carp head, cleaned and scaled, the gills removed
3 Tablespoons broad-bean sauce
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
½ pound firm tofu, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Shao Xing wine
2 Tablespoons thin soy sauce
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons minced bamboo shoots
4 Tablespoons soaked Chinese black mushrooms, stems
discarded, caps minced
2 slices fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 garlic shoots, thinly slivered
1 Tablespoon lard
1. Flatten the fish head with the side of a cleaver and
brush it with the broad bean sauce.
2. Pre-heat a wok or large fry pan, then add the oil, and
fry the fish head on both sides one to two minutes each.
3. Now add the tofu and stir gently for another minute
4. Carefully stir in the wine, soy sauce, and sugar, stir
for one minute, then add six cups of water and bring to
5. Next add the bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and ginger
and bring almost to the boil, then reduce the heat and
simmer for fifteen minutes.
6. Lastly, add the garlic shoots and the lard and stir for
one minute, then serve.