Read 5240983 times
Connect me to:
Stir-fried Crispy Scallops
Fish and Seafood
|Stir-fried Crispy Scallops|
2 pounds fresh scallops
1 beaten egg white
5 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon chopped fresh green onions
1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger
dash of dry crushed Szechuan peppercorns
4 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
1. Rinse scallops and dip in beaten egg white and roll in cornstarch.
2. Deep fry the scallops just until crispy; remove them from fat and drain.
3. Reheat wok with about one tablespoon of oil; stir fry onion, garlic, and ginger.
4. Add peppercorn, soy sauce, sugar, and vinegar until fragrant.
5. Add scallops and stir quickly just to mix; and serve immediately.
Note: This dish looks great on a bed of steamed broccoli.