Read 5248872 times
Connect me to:
Diced Chicken with Walnuts
|Diced Chicken with Walnuts|
2 chicken breasts
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts (or cashew nuts)
1 Tablespoon brown bean sauce
2 teaspoons sherry
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 white parts of scallions, diced
1. Bone and then dice chicken breasts; then mix them with egg white and salt.
2. Heat oil to 325 degrees F, then fry walnuts until golden brown. This only takes about a minute, and do be careful not to burn the nuts. Remove them and drain on paper towels. Discard all but two tablespoons of the oil.
3. Combine bean sauce, sherry, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch and mix these well.
4. Heat the two tablespoons of oil and stir-fry the chicken over high heat for one to one-and-a-half minutes. Remove it from the pan and drain.
5. Heat oil left in the pan and stir-fry the garlic and scallions for a few seconds before adding the drained chicken and the garlic mixture. Stir-fry these for one minute or until done, then turn off the heat and add the nuts and mix well. Serve.