Read 5268714 times
Connect me to:
Pork Belly in Wine
|Pork Belly in Wine|
1 pound pork belly with its skin left on
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 cup Shao Xing wine
e Tablespoons vegetable oil
½ cup preserved minced Shao-xing-style minced mustard greens
3 Tablespoons fresh ginger, slivered
3 scallions, slivered
1 piece brown rock sugar, smashed
1 Tablespoon Maotai or another Chinese brandy
1. Slice pork belly into thin slices, and marinate in the
wine for one hour, then dry the slices well with paper
2. Heat wok or fry pan, add the dried meat slices and fry
them until browned, then remove and discard oil.
3. Now put the meat slices in a bowl, the nicest ones
first, then add the mustard greens, then the ginger and
scallion pieces, and sprinkle the smashed sugar over
this. Press all down and put a heat proof shallow bowl
or plate on the top and steam over boiling water for
4. Remove carefully, put the bowl on a trivet and remove
the liquid to a measuring cup and refrigerate both until
the fat in the cup hardens. Then discard this solid fat.
5. Press this down again, add the Mao Tai, and put it the
bowl into a steamer for two hours over boiling water.
6. Remove and turn it out on a flat plate with low sides.
Before serving, cut it into wedge-shaped pieces.