Read 5268796 times
Connect me to:
Drunken Chicken I
|Drunken Chicken I|
2 pound fryer
2 teaspoons salt
1 and 1/2 cups dry sherry or whiskey
1. Bring some water to a boil. Suspend a large bowl over it to hold the chicken.
2. Steam the chicken over water for 25 minutes; remove from steamer and allow to cool.
3. Decant the broth from the bowl and mix it with dry sherry or whiskey.
4. Place the chicken halves in another bowl and pour the broth and sherry mixture in.
5. Cover tightly and refrigerate for one to two days. Turn the chicken ha;ves over at least once every four to six hours.
6. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and serve it cold.
Note: This recipe is from Shanghai or China's Eastern Region