Read 5249302 times
Connect me to:
Mushrooms, Sausages, and Eggs Over Rice
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Mushrooms, Sausages, and Eggs Over Rice|
8 dried shiitake mushrooms
2 or 3 Chinese sausages (optional)
1 Tablespoon corn oil
2 cups raw rice, cooked and cooled to room temperature
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
salt and white pepper, to taste
1 scallion, minced
1. Soak mushrooms in one cup warm water, drain and sliver them. Strain and reserve half the liquid.
2. Slice sausages (if using them), heat corn oil in a wok and stir-fry them for one minute, remove them from pan and drain on a paper towel.
3. Beat eggs and add sesame oil and beat until combined then add to oil left in the wok and fry, stirring, for one minute until almost set, add mushrooms and remove from the heat immediately.
4. Bring reserved mushroom water to boil, add rice, stir, and heat through and transfer to a large warm serving platter or bowl tossing with salt and pepper, if needed. Remember, two cups of rice makes six cups of cooked rice.
5. Pour egg mixture over the rice, sprinkle with scallion pieces and serve.