Read 5260452 times
Connect me to:
Vegetarian Lion's Head
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Vegetarian Lion's Head|
1 pound soft bean curd, liquid discarded, cut into small cubes and mashed
1 square mashed red fermented doufu
2 large eggs
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 additional Tablespoons cornstarch, set aside
½ cup finely chopped carrots
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 slices fresh ginger, minced
1 cup Chinese black mushrooms, soaked until soft, stems discarded, caps minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 lettuce leaves
1 cup vegetable broth
1. Put mashed soft and red bean curd in a bowl and mix well.
2. Then, add the eggs, cornstarch, carrots, garlic, ginger, black
mushrooms, salt, sugar, and the soy sauce and mix well. Form
this into eight to ten balls.
3. Heat a wok or fry pan, add the oil, and brown the balls on all
sides before removing them to a plate. Discard any leftover oil.
4. Put lettuce leaves on the bottom of a clean pot or casserole,
add the vegetable balls and the broth and cover and simmer
for one hour.
5. Mix two tablespoons of reserved cornstarch with two
tablespoons cold water and add this to the pot or casserole. Bring
it to the boil, and stir until the sauce is thickened, then serve.