Read 5248992 times
Connect me to:
Duck in Black Bean Sauce
|Duck in Black Bean Sauce|
1 quarter to one a half of a goose, innards discarded, the giblets set aside for another use
2 teaspoons salt and freshly ground pepper
2 Tablespoons maltose
1 teaspoon tabasco
1 Tablespoon potato starch
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1. Loosen skin from the meat before putting the goose
on a rack, breast side up, above boiling water.
2. Cover the goose with foil and seal the edges around
the roasting pan. Bake it in a 400 degree F oven for one
hour, then take it out of the oven and cool it covered.
3. When cool, strain the pan juices set them aside
covered in a bowl, and cover and refrigerate the goose.
Discard congealed fat.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the maltose
and tabasco sauce with one-quarter cup cool water and
bake and baste the bird for one hour breast side down.
Then turn breast side up, and baste it every half an hour
for ninety minutes. Then remove the bird from the oven
and let it rest half an hour.
5. Now, pour all juices into a small pan, discarding any
fat, and mix potato starch with the remaining drippings,
bring this to the boil, and simmer stirring until thick.
6. Cut or chop the goose into two- or three-inch pieces
and put them on a platter. Pour the starch mixture over
the bird, and serve.