Read 5249048 times
Connect me to:
1½ pound skinless and boneless chicken thighs
1 small pumpkin, seeds removed, toasted, and put in a small serving bowl
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 slices fresh ginger, slivered
2 Teaspoons sweet bean paste
1 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
½ teaspoon crushed or ground Sichuan peppercorns
1 three-inch square red fermented doufu, mashed
1. Cut the chicken thighs into one-inch cubes.
2. Mix brown sugar, ginger, sweet bean sauce, chili
paste, and the crushed Sichuan peppercorns with half
cup cold water, stir in the doufu and chicken thighs
and steam covered for ten minutes.
3. Pour this into the pumpkin, cover it with the pumpkin
top, and steam over boiling water for thirty minutes or
until a toothpick comes out of the pumpkin soft and
4. Serve with two large spoons so everyone can help
themselves to the pumpkin flesh and its contents.
5. Make sure the pumpkin is in a bowl that will not tip
over, serve the seeds in their own small bowl.