Read 5236916 times
Connect me to:
Stuffed Squash Flowers
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Stuffed Squash Flowers|
10 fresh squash flowers, rinsed then carefully dried with paper towels
½ cup dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked until soft, then drained, stems discarded, caps finely minced
1 cup minced fresh pork
3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
3 scallions, coarsely chopped
1 large egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons mixed light and dark soy sauce
1 piquant pepper, seeds discarded, then minced
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons thin soy sauce
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
1. Cut away and discard stamens and the green calyx.
2. Mix mushroom, pork, garlic, scallions, beaten egg, soy
sauces, minced hot pepper, and one tablespoon of the
oil, and stuff the flowers, most of the meat mixture
toward their bottoms.
3. Heat wok or fry pan, add the rest of the oil, and put
flowers into the hot oil bottoms down, petals up, and fry
until golden. Near the end of the frying put the petal
part into the oil and fry them until the entire flower is
4. Remove them to a small plate, petal parts toward the
center, base of the flowers around the plate’s edge.
5. Mix one tablespoon of the thin soy sauce with two
teaspoons of sugar and one tablespoon of Chinese black
vinegar, and pour over the stuffed flowers, and serve.