Read 5261800 times
Connect me to:
Bitter Melon, Doufu, and Pork Belly
|Bitter Melon, Doufu, and Pork Belly|
3 bitter melons, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeds discarded, then the halves sliced
1 Tablespoon coarse salt
½ pound firm doufu, cubed in half-inch pieces
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 pound cooked pork belly, outer skin discarded, and thinly sliced
½ cup vegetable broth
1 Tablespoon dark or mushroom soy sauce
2 large eggs, beaten well
1/4 cup bonito flakes
1. Mix bitter melon slices and the salt and set this aside
for half an hour, then rinse and drain it.
2. Next, squeeze out any water from the bitter melon,
and divide them into two batches freezing one for an
hour, and cooking the other half for fifteen minutes
before draining them, and setting them aside on a plate.
3. Then, heat wok or fry-pan, add the vegetable oil and
stir-fry both sets of bitter melon for two minutes before
adding the pork belly pieces and stir-fry them with the
bitter melon for three minutes.
4. Now, add the doufu, and stir-fry for three more
minutes, then add the broth and soy sauce, and when
hot stir in the beaten eggs, stirring this one minutes, a
minute longer if you like your eggs more firm.
5. Put everything into a pre-heated bowl, and then