Read 5249451 times
Connect me to:
Sichuan Bean Sprouts
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Sichuan Bean Sprouts|
1 pound bean sprouts, tails removed and discarded
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
½ bean curd sheet, soaked until soft, then cut in thin strips
3 cloves fresh garlic, smashed
½ cup chicken stock
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
½ Tablespoon crushed dark rock sugar
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon chili oil
dash ground Sichuan peppercorns
1. Rinse and then drain tailless soy bean sprouts.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or fry-pan and fry the bean curd
sheet pieces until crisp; then remove and drain them
on paper towels; and discard the oil or use it for another
3. Add the garlic and stir-fry for one minute, then
remove it from any oil left in the pan.
4. Now add chicken stock, soy sauce, rice wine, rock
sugar, sesame and chili oils and stir-fry this for one
minute, then add soy sprouts and Sichuan peppercorns
and stir two or three times cooking for one minute or
until the sauce thickens.
5. Now add the Sichuan peppercorns, and stir for
another minute, then serve.