Read 5249433 times
Connect me to:
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
2 pounds eggplant, peeled, and sliced in half inch slices
2 Tablespoons coarse salt
1 Tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
½ cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1. Mix eggplant slices with salt in four cups of tepid
water, and stir until dissolved.
2. Next, soak the eggplant for one hour; then drain it,
and dry the slices with paper towels,
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then heat the oil in
a wok or fry pan and sauté the eggplant slices until
brown on both sides, adding more oil if needed.
4. Mix cumin and cayenne powders, and roast the
slices in the pre-heated oven until golden on both
sides, about half an hour, then toss in the garlic.
5. Put the eggplant on a platter, and drizzle the
pomegranate molasses on it, and sprinkle the
pomegranate seeds on top, the cilantro, too. Then