Read 5249653 times
Connect me to:
Fish and Seafood
1/4 pound scallops, each cut in half as two circles
5 slices fresh peeled ginger
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon water chestnut powder
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
dash ground white pepper
1/4 pound shrimp, shells and veins discarded, then the shrimp minced
1 Tablespoon cornstarch, divided
½ teaspoon coarse salt
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon rendered chicken fat
1 egg white
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 sprigs fresh coriander, coarsely minced
1. Marinate scallop halves in mixture of ginger, rice
wine, water chestnut powder, sesame oil, and ground
white pepper for half an hour.
2. Mix minced shrimp with half the cornstarch, all the
salt and sugar, and all the chicken fat, and egg white.
Stuff this mixture between two scallop halves and
gently press them together.
3. Dust with the rest of the cornstarch and set aside for
half an hour or until starch seems wet.
4. Heat a wok or fry-pan, add oil, and fry the scallop
sandwich until lightly colored on both sides, then
drain them on paper towels.
5. Put these sandwiches on a pre-heated platter, and