Read 5249477 times
Connect me to:
Molten Eggs and Eggplant
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Molten Eggs and Eggplant|
5 large eggs
2 thin eggplants, angle-cut
1 cup vegetable oil
5 dried pitted dates
5 slices fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon ground white peppercorns
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup Chinese rice wine
1. Make a small hole in the shell of the narrow end of
each egg, and put them in a sauce pot of cold water,
and bring it slowly to a simmer, stir every minute or
two for three minutes to keep the yolks centered, then
remove the eggs from the hot water; and fill the pot
with cold water, and crack the shells by gently rolling
them, but do not take them out of the pot.
2. In another pot, add oil and deep-fry the eggplant for
three minutes, then drain it on paper towels, and set
oil a side for another purpose.
3. Now add all the other ingredients including the fried
eggplant pieces, and bring to the boil with the eggs
and drained eggplant pieces, and refrigerate these
covered adding cold boiled water to cover, if needed.
4. The next day or before planning to eat them, discard
liquid, peel the eggs and discard their shells, and cut
them in half.
5. Serve these egg halves, cut side up, mixed with the
eggplant pieces on a chilled serving platter, or put
them on greens or cold noodles and serve them.