Read 5268687 times
Connect me to:
Pork Rolls in Bean Curd Sheets
|Pork Rolls in Bean Curd Sheets|
10 dried bean curd sheets
2/3 pound ground pork
2 scallions, coarsely chopped
2 pounds ground pork
2 teaspoons Chinese rice vinegar
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
6 ounces cellophane noodles
3 slices fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
2 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 bitter melons, seeded, blanched, cut in four the long way, each fourth angle-cut in one-inch pieces
2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
½ Tablespoon granulated sugar
dash sesame oil
½ Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with one Tablespoon cold water
1. Soak bean curd sheets in one cup of boiling water
until soft, then rinse them in cold water, drain, and set
2. Mix pork with scallions, ginger, Chinese rice wine,
oyster sauce, and sugar, and roll about one-tenth of the
pork mixture into each bean curd sheet having it look
like a spring roll, and put them in a cold rice cooker.
3. Pour one cup of cold water on them, cover the rice
cooker, and steam until rice cooker clicks off.
4. Put the pork rolls on a small pre-heated platter.
5. Heat the sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch mixture
until it boils, then pour it over the pork rolls, and serve
them cut or not, as preferred.