Read 5257045 times
Connect me to:
Sheep Tail with Rabbit
|Sheep Tail with Rabbit|
1 skinned sheep-tail, cut in two-inch pieces
3 Tablespoons corn or potato starch, divided
1 pound rabbit meat, diced into one-inch pieces
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
½ pound turnip, peeled and chopped
3 scallions, cut in half-inch pieces
½ cup black vinegar
1 Tablespoon whole Sichuan peppercorns tied into a piece of cheesecloth
½ pound dry thin noodles, cooked and drained
1. Toss half the starch with the sheep tail pieces, the
other half with the rabbit meat; and set each aside
separately to wet the starch.
2. Heat the oil and fry them separately until light tan
and crisp, about eight minutes each.
3. Next, put sheep tail pieces, turnip, and scallion
pieces with the vinegar and one cup of cold water, and
the cheesecloth packet in a large saucepan and simmer
for one hour, then add the rabbit pieces and simmer
another hour before discarding cheesecloth packet.
4. Add the spicy sauce and a half cup of water and
simmer until the meats are tender.
5. Stir for two minutes, then add one tablespoon water
cornstarch, stir for one minute, then when thick, serve
on the cooked noodles.