Read 5262051 times
Connect me to:
3 pounds pork belly
1 teaspoon salt
2 slices fresh ginger
2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
4 Tablespoons Chinese rice wine
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1. Cut pork belly through skin into one-inch pieces, then
rub them with salt and refrigerate covered for three or
2. Put them in boiling water for ten minutes, then drain
them and discard the water.
3. Now put pork, skin side down, in heat-proof
casserole, add salt, scallions and shredded ginger on
them, and pour soy sauce and wine over them and
cover the casserole putting it in a 300-degree F oven
for two hours.
4. Remove from the oven and carefully uncover the
casserole, and transfer the pork, skin-side up into
a clean heat-proof serving bowl adding two cups of
boiling water, and cover it tightly with foil, steam it over
boiling water for one hour. Then discard the foil and
any melted fat.
5. Serve in preheated individual or a large bowl.