Read 6260104 times
Connect me to:
Buddhist's Bean Curd Rolls
Vegetables, also Vegetarian Foods
|Buddhist's Bean Curd Rolls|
1 cup glutinous rice, soaked in water for one hour
6 dried black mushrooms
1 Tablespoon cooking oil
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 small carrot, julienned into one inch pieces
6 asparagus, cut into half inch pieces
2 scallions, cut into half inch pieces
2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoons sesame oil
2 sheets dried bean curd (approximately seven by twenty-one inches)
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons corn oil
1. Drain rice and add equal amount of water and simmer for twenty to twenty-five minutes until rice is tender.
2. Heat one tablespoon oil and fry garlic for half minute then add carrots and asparagus and stir fry for two minutes, then add oyster and hoisin sauce and sesame oil and fry another two minutes then remove from the pan and add the scallions.
3. Soak beancurd skin in barely warm water for fifteen minutes then cut into three squares per sheet.
4. Mix flour with a Tablespoon of water to make a paste then fill each seven inch square sheet with about two Tablespoons of the filling. and seal with a little paste.
5. Heat rest of the oil, preferably in a non stick pan, and fry three minutes per side. If frying in another type pan, add more oil, as needed.
6. Remove from heat, cut each roll into thirds, and serve.