Read 5248875 times
Connect me to:
General Tzo's Chicken
|General Tzo's Chicken|
1 pound chicken, dark meat only
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
5 scallions, minced, white part only
2 cups soybean oil (for frying)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon shredded ginger root
2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon wine or dry sherry
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground Sichuan peppercorns
1. Chop the chicken into one-half to one-inch pieces. Flatten each slightly by slapping with the flat side of a cleaver or knife.
2. Mix five tablespoons of water with the eggs, salt and pepper, and four of the scallions, then mix with the chicken pieces.
3. Heat oil in a wok or deep pan to about 350 degrees F. Drain the chicken from the egg mixture and fry it about four minutes, then remove it from the oil.
4. Reheat the oil to about 375 degrees F and refry the chicken for one minute; it should be golden brown. Remove it from the oil and set the oil aside in another container.
5. In the wok or pan, add the rest of the scallions, garlic, and ginger and fry ten seconds then add the chicken and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and remove to a serving dish.