Read 5263868 times
Connect me to:
Soups and Congees
2 teaspoons minced dates
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup pitted sliced dates
1/2 cup honey
2 cups short grain rice
1 cup pine nuts
1. Soak the minced dates in some of the honey for one hour and the sliced dates in another bowl in a larger amount of the honey for two or three hours.
2. Grind rice, with two cups of water, in a blender until smooth. Remove and add the sliced dates.
3. Put rice mixture in a large pot and add six additional cups of water. Bring this to the boil and simmer for three-quarters of an hour, stirring periodically. If it gets too thick, add more water, a quarter of a cup at a time.
4. Toast the pine nuts in a dry fry pan until lightly colored. Cool, then grind them. This is best done in a mortar and pestle and not in a blender.
5. Add the ground nuts and simmer for five minutes. Serve in individual bowls, topping each with a little of the minced dates and honey.