Read 5241126 times
Connect me to:
Fish and Seafood
1/2 pound of freshly shucked oysters, their juice reserved
3 Tablespoons tapioca flour
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons rice flour
1/2 teaspoon chicken stock granules or powder
3 Tablespoons corn oil, divded into two even batches
4 eggs, lightly beaten, divided into two even batches
3 cloves garlic, minced fine, divided into two even batches
1 Tablespoon soy sauce, divided into two even batches
1 Tablespoon rice winedivided into two even batches
1/16 teaspoon ground white pepperdivided into two even batches
two sprigs of fresh coriander, for garnish
1. Rinse the oysters and drain them well.
2. Strain their liquid through a fine strainer and reserve it.
3. Mix both flours and chicken granules or powder with three-quarters of a cup of water to make a batter.
4. Heat half the oil in flat-bottomed pan and pour in half the batter. Swirl it around and when partially set, add half the beaten eggs. Then make a whole in the center and add half each of the garlic, soy sauce and rice wine and ground pepper; then add half the oysters and stir them just until they are heated through, Be careful not to overcook them.
5. Repeat for the second half of the ingredients; and when ready, garish each batch with the coriander. If desired, serve with chili sauce on the side.