Read 5249865 times
Connect me to:
Savory Puffs with Prawn Sambal
Fish and Seafood
|Savory Puffs with Prawn Sambal|
4 Tablespoons corn oil
2 cloves garlic
2 chili peppers
1 teaspoon belacan
2 onions, chopped
1/3 pound shrimp, diced
2 Tablespoons tamarind juice
salt and pepper to taste
non-stick spray or a teaspoon of butter
8 ounces salted butter
1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Heat oil and fry shallots, garlic, chillies, and belacan for one minute. Add the onions fry until they are soft, then add the shrimp and fry for one minute before adding the tamarind juice, salt and sugar. Mix this well, remove from the heat and allow to come to room temperature, then refrigerate.
2. Heat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a greased baking sheet. either with non-stick spray or use up to a teaspoon of butter.
3. Make pastry puffs putting 3/4 cup water and the butter into a small pot and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add flour all at once. Return to a low heat and stir until the dough comes away from the pan. Cool for half an hour, then add the eggs one at a time and stir well until the dough looks shiny. Add baking powder and mix it in thoroughly.
4. Put warm puff dough mixture into a piping pag and pipe onto a baking sheet. Pipe tow to three tablespoons of dough mixture as one batch onto the greased pan. Continue to do so leaving two inches on all sides between each ball of dough until all of it has been used. Then bake them for twenty minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees Farenheit and bake another twenty minutes. Cool.
5. Cut the puffs into two pieces, but do so about one-third of the way down. Using a spoon, put one to two tablespoons of filling on each, cover and serve.